Tuesday, August 28, 2012

federalist or anti-federalist 8/28/12

1. Who are you? How old are you in 1787?
I am George Washington and I am 55 years old.


2. Are you Federalist or Anti-Federalist
I am a Federalist and I support the Constituion.

3. What is your personal history up to 1787?
In 1753, I got sent on a dangerous mission to take a letter to Fort Le Beouf. On July 3, 1775, I took command of the Continental Army. Then on December 26, 1776 I through a surprise party. And on May 1787 State Representatives wanted someone to lead America and decided I was the right guy.


4. What was your role in the Constitutional Convention?
I arrived May 25 and was present through the signing of the Constitution. I spoke only once near the end of the deliberations, I had a profound influence on the scope and direction of the discussions. The delegates elected me to preside over the Convention.

5. What stated views would explain your actions during the Constitutional Convention?
I participated little in the debates but my high prestige maintained collegiality and kept the delegates at their labors.
"There are four things, which I humbly conceive, are essential to the well being, I may even venture to say, to the existence of the United States as an independent power:
  1. An indissoluble union of the states under one federal head.
  2. A sacred regard to public justice.
  3. The adoption of a proper peace establishment.
  4. The prevalence of that pacific and friendly disposition among the people of the United States which will induce them to forget their local prejudices and policies, to make those mutual concessions which are requisite to the general prosperity, and in some instances, to sacrifice their individual advantages to the interest of the community."

6. What is your stance during the ratifying conventions? Who supports your viewpoint?
 The delegates designed the presidency with myself in mind, and allowed me to define the office once elected. After the Convention, my support convinced many to vote for ratification, the new Constitution was ratified by all thirteen states. The delegates supported my viewpoint.



7. What are your views of this new plan of government? What are the benefits or dangers?


No comments:

Post a Comment